Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The end is near...

The end is near… very near!!! Before you cast me as another one of those semi-crazed dorks forewarning you about how the “End Times” are upon us, let me clarify… I mean the end of the Fall semester. It is just 2 weeks away. But with the end in sight, things are threatening to get out of control. Too many deadlines to meet and too little time in a day to do it all. Just thinking of the things due makes me want to cry…
  • a proposal evaluation/review due tomorrow for the Theory of Research course

  • a term paper for the Statistics in Hydrology class (yet to finish the experimental work.. let alone the writing part)

  • an assignment for the same class due this coming Monday

  • 7 assignments (mostly all back-log) from the GIS programming course due in 2 weeks (how in hell did I fall so far behind?!?!)

  • a journal paper on the application of Neural Networks to develop Pedo-Transfer Functions for soil hydraulic properties

Add to these the general house-keeping tasks, talking to friends, chatting, watching movies, blogging, (MS Word just told me that “blogging” is not a word… how typical!!) … and looks like I’ll hardly have time for oo ma hey (that’s code for eating, sleeping, and er… washing).

     Mixed feelings on missing out on a trip to San Francisco to attend the AGU Conference. Was almost sure of going but prof says no funds right now… so no go. Sad. But that means I have that whole week not going away from the 2 weeks left to finish all my academic dues in. Happy. With almost the entire last week going away without any meaningful work done (thanks to my jaunt to Phoenix, helping DB move… maybe I’ll write about that trip someday), this next week also not slipping away means a lot.

     So, after spending the last whatever minutes gainfully employed in writing this blog (another non-word according to MS), let me sign off for the duration… NO MORE!!! Until the end has come and gone. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

samanvitha said...

all the very best raghu..keep ur chin up:)