Sunday, September 27, 2009

Reel/Real?

Last week, my wife and I watched  a movie titled "Dansh", starring Kay Kay Menon, Sonali Kulkarni and Aditya Srivastava, and directed by Kanika Verma. The movie was largely based on the Roman Polanski film "Death and the Maiden". Gist of the story - husband brings home a new friend, wife believes he is the person who raped her years ago and wants justice. Is he, or is he not the culprit? Was a decent movie with some good performances by Kay Kay and Sonali.

And then, this morning I read that acclaimed director Roman Polanski was arrested in Zurich in connection with a long standing case of sex with a minor. Couldn't help but wonder if this was another case of reel meets real life!

1 comment:

Banu said...

Very interesting. I saw that bit of news as well...I gotta watch this movie.